Our core strengths are:
- Specialist producer of academic books, Journals, catalogues, business to business directories, consumer magazines, high quality brochures and commercial printing
- Experienced customer care team with a proven performance at meeting time critical deadlines.
- Flexibility of web, sheet-fed or digital printing, alongside the broadest range of finishing and binding facilities.
- Print and bind in house, Wheatons has the facilities to print and bind high extent publications at a single site
- Mono or two colour heatset web offset printing, minimum paper weight 28gsm. Zero make ready achievable on mono books dependent on quantity
- Sheetfed printing up to ten colours; across our sheetfed platform we print alcohol free using vegetable based inks.
- Digital web and sheet fed printing up to six colours on papers from 40gsm to 350gsm.
- Perfect, PUR or hard cased binding up to 70mm on site
We have added HP Indigo digital printing presses, (sheet or web), to further complement and support our existing web and sheeted capabilities. These presses enable us to deliver high quality print produced within a schedule measured in days rather than weeks.
Our client base benefits from the skills at Polestar Wheatons, utilizing the synergy between the services we offer and the needs of their industry. We have the ability to handle major projects, incorporating design, data management and page manipulation, through to printing, binding and finishing.
As well as striving to continually improve our offering to customers, our environmental and eco credentials/values (especially FSC) are extremely important to us, and we are continuously implementing procedures to improve our recycling levels and reduce our waste.
Whilst the entire Polestar Group boasts ISO14001 – Polestar Wheatons was the first site to gain approval and we’ve not stopped at simply achieving the certificate. Polestar Wheatons went on to gain FSC and PEFC Chains of custody as well as developing over 22 recycling streams. Across our sheetfed platform we operate alcohol free which has allowed us to reduce our VOC (Volatile Organic Compounds) emissions to air, and our inks are vegetable oils based.
Polestar Wheatons has an enviable reputation for the quality of its products, combined with an excellent customer care. Whilst maintaining these traditions, we are continuously investing in new technology to improve the services and products we offer.
Our manufacturing capability is matched by highly skilled and experienced customer care teams who are committed to providing customers with effective and focused support, enabling us to deliver accurate information and achieve time critical deadlines.
Polestar Wheatons provides printing solutions to ensure our customers’ requirements are not only met, but exceeded at every opportunity.
FSC, PEFC, ISO14001 and 1S0 9001 accredited.
Polestar Wheatons was delighted to be awarded Best Digitally Printed Book in the 2011 British Book Awards.
For further information please contact `Richard Hinchliffe, European Sales Manager on:-
Click Here to see our Plant List