Polestar Wheatons is proud to work with many European and domestic organisations that encompass academic publishing, higher education, corporate reporting & financial professionals, industrial & automotive and the retail and service sectors. We are passionate about providing the highest levels of client services which is underpinned by a broad range of state of the art manufacturing resources that deliver quality, flexibility and technology based solutions to meet your communications requirements.
Our core strengths are:
- Specialist producer of academic books, Journals, catalogues, business to business directories, consumer magazines, high quality brochures and commercial printing.
- Experienced client services teams with a proven performance at meeting time critical deadlines.
- Flexibility of web, sheet-fed or digital printing, alongside the broadest range of finishing and binding facilities.
- Print and bind in house, Wheatons has the facilities to print and bind high extent publications at a single site.
- Mono or two colour heatset web offset printing, minimum paper weight 28gsm.
- Zero make ready achievable on mono books dependent on quality.
- Sheetfed printing up on ten colours; across our sheetfed platform we print alcohol free using vegetable based inks.
- Digital web and sheet fed printing up to six colours on papers from 40gsm to 350gsm.
- Perfect, OUR or hard cased binding up to 70mm on site
We have added HP Indigo digital printing presses, (sheet and web), to further complement and support our existing web and sheetfed capabilities. These presses enable us to deliver high quality print produced within a schedule measured in days rather than weeks.
Our client based benefits from the skills at Polestar Wheatons, utalizing the synergy between the services we offer and the needs of their industry. We have the ability to handle major projects, incorporating design, data managements and page manipulation, through to printing, binding and finishing.
As well as striving to continually improve our offering to clients, our environmental and eco credentials and values are extremely important to us, and we are continuously implementing procedures to improve our recycling levels and reduce our waste.
Whilst the entire Polestar Group boasts ISO 14001 – Polestar Wheatons was the first site to gain approval and we’ve not stopped at simply achieving the certificate.
Polestar Wheatons went on to gain FSC and PEFC Chains of custody as well as developing over 22 recycling streams. Across our sheetfed platform we operate alcohol free which has allowed us to reduce our VOC (Volatile Organic Compounds) emissions to air, and our inks are vegetable oils based.
Polestar Wheatons has an enviable reputation for the quality of its products, combined with excellent client service. Whilst maintaining these traditions, we are continuously investing in new technology to improve the services and products we offer.
Our manufacturing capability is matched by highly skilled and experienced client services teams who are committed to providing clients with effective and focused service and support enabling us to deliver accurate information and achieve the critical deadlines.
Polestar Wheatons provides printing solutions to ensure our clients’ requirements are not only met, but exceeded at every opportunity.
FSC, PEFC,ISO 14001 and 1S0 9001 accredited.
Polestar Wheatons was delighted to be awarded Best Digitally Printed Book in the 2011 British Book Awards.
For further information please contact Richard Hinchliffe, European Sales Manager on :-
Click Here to see our Plant List